Tuesday 17 January 2017

Ying and Yang

I loved myself today
Because I was beautiful
So I held my head high
And tried to forget the meaningful
But a tear came to my eye as I cried out to God
What's so wrong with me? 
When did I become so blind that I couldn't see?
How did I lose myself in this sea of artificial waves
The haze is becoming unbearable

Stuck in constant predicaments
So I know, this ain't heaven sent
Mama said that God doesn't do confusion
Or create illusions
Like the enemy chooses 
Deuces, peace is all I want more
Than the terror that lures at my door

Dear God, hello it's me, God
I know it's been a few years
Of fear cutting off my bloodline to you
My vines have withered, my leaves fell of 
Now I'm as dry and as naked as an unused cloth

Sin took me on a hella of ride
But I grew weary of it, cautious of the tide that used to once embrace me
Sooo now I'm ultra embarrassed
I don't know where to hide
How do I return to you when I cheated with him? 
Why would you ever take my in?
Is it true that your love in  unconditional? 
Cos...I'm slightly cynical, of those claims

It's incomprehensible that a quintessential deity
Would ever lay down his life
Just for me

But the more I think about it, the more I guess I understand
It's like when your parents used to hold your hand when crossing the road
Cos the thought of losing you to a bus or a truck was all to much
Or when your bestie always had your back
She never wanted you to slack
It's like

Love, but the purest form
From the one who made all the wonderful parts of me

No comments:

Post a Comment