Tuesday 23 May 2017

Daym.

I asked you to stay for a reason.
When you're around my heart never ceases to stop beating.
How can you be my entire inspiration?
How do I deal with this distinct revelation?
What pisses me off is I'm defeated

But it's cool
Because you don't know
You don't know how our simple conversations make love to my soul
And though I get peeved at the little things
What fails to make them sting
Is that I'm familiar
I can read you like the back of my hand
The way you sit, the way you stand
Disclose your inner most deliberations

And with a quick gaze at you
Your eyes reveal a maze
Which I get trapped in
Victim
Captive
Shit, I got distracted
Babe, sorry, what did you say?
I'll leave it actually, you'll tell me another day

Yet with each and every thing you say
I learn more
Unfortunately
Or fortunately
You're no robot
So as much as you have patterns and habits
You surprise me in every single way
From your selflessness which continues to manifest itself in the bedroom
To your intellect, which I wish you'd share with me more often
You not only turn on my body, from a single thought
You ignite my mind, through the knowledge you have taught

As Daughter once said in Medicine
You have a warm heart, you have a beautiful brain
And as time goes by, I realise you've left a stain on my heart
Burned a place in my farts😂
And for that you're truly special

I push you away because I want you
But I know I can't have you
So, how worth is it torturing myself?
When jealousy overcomes cos my flatmate gets catered to every night
It's kinda hard to fight feeling some type of way
You can hack it though
You're strong enough for the both of us
And I love us enough for the both of us
So let's stop fucking around and get to this place called trust

The more I become my mother
The more you become like my father
The more I discern that we're more compatible than I imagined
On paper, we should have never come together
But through it all
I'm glad you're my lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment